Friday, March 28, 2014

The Motherland!

You guys, it's happening...we're going to the Motherland! Ryan and I will join his parents in celebrating 40 years of marriage (woo!) by taking a Scandinavian jaunt this Summer. I cannot wait!!!

If you know me at all, you know that I'm already making my shopping lists and thinking about all the yummy fika treats to eat!

My top three fika treats I'm excited to eat are [in no particular order, because really, how can you decide?!]:

Chokladbollar



Vaniljhjärtar

Prinsesstårta 
[source]

I'm probably most excited for the vaniljhjärtar (vanilla hearts) because they are the one thing that I haven't had since I was last in Sweden. I make chokladbollar every now and then, and you can buy prinsesstårta from bakeries. You need specific pans to make the hearts, which I don't have, but very well may buy while in Sweden so I can make my own when we come home.

So be prepared. I will come back from this trip with tons of pictures, goodies, and stories to share!

4 comments:

  1. Such exciting news! Half of the fun of a trip is the anticipation; spring is going to be even more delightful for you! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely right - I'm already planning and anticipating the trip and time is flying by! Can't wait to go shopping and fika! :)

      Delete
  2. UMMMM when are you going?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Awesome! Fantastic! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete