Sunday, March 3, 2013

DIY heat pack

I have been meaning to make a quick, rice-filled, heat pack for quite some time now and today was the day it finally got made.  After one too many instances of needing one and not having one on hand, I finally perused through my fabric stash and decided to use this old Swedish fabric calendar as the fabric.

I forgot to take a picture of the calendar before I cut it up...so here it is just pieced together. 


A short while later and here it is! Filled with rice and sectioned off into 4 rectangles.  You can microwave the entire pack and the rice retains the heat.  Voila. Cheap DIY heat pack. I used this tutorial from the blog Fellow Fellow. I love that I finally found something to use the calendar for! 


It's been a great weekend.  I can't believe it's already Monday tomorrow. My how time flies. And it's March already?! Wow.  

Hope all is well!

3 comments:

  1. You're so clever to use a calendar for this project - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of the tea towel here I've been meaning to make a rice heat pack as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool heat pack design! Usually I make mine as a single pillow! this si sooooooo much better. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete