Monday, February 25, 2013

Lemon squeezy

I went to the store for 3 lemons, and came home with 15.  Turns out buying an entire bag is waaaay cheaper than buying just three.  So this week I'm attempting to plow through 12 extra lemons.  Luckily, I came across a few awesome recipes. I originally bought the lemons so I could make some lemon bars (amazing recipe from my sister's mother-in-law), then ended up making some salted preserved lemons as well.


I got the idea over at Marisa's blog, Food in Jars, and here I am...preserving lemons with salt. I'm not going to lie, I'm slightly skeptical but hopefully optimistic. 


I'm very excited to see how they taste added to an old obsession: grain salads.  I think it will pack the perfect punch to said salads. I just have to wait 3 more weeks until they are ready for consumption!

In other news, I had a glorious time with my family while they were in town. We went to Disneyland, play Euchre, ate delicious food, and just plain ol' hung out with one another. It was magnificent. I love my family.

Now, back to the grind.

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried to preserve lemons before, but saw it on a tv cooking show once and it looked very cool. (Tyler Florence was cooking Moroccan style)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see how they work in cooking! Most recipes I've found so far are Moroccan. I'll have to check out Tyler Florence's recipe! :)

      Delete
  2. I love reading your blog. Kaye

    ReplyDelete