Sunday, June 6, 2010

Foiled by ants

It's a beautiful day here. I had good intentions of taking full advantage of the weather by laying in the park. From the title of this post and my first couple sentences, I'm sure you know where this story is heading.

I packed up my outdoor blanket, a good book, my knitting and then applied some sun screen and headed out the door. I arrived at the park, found a nice, slightly shaded area and laid out my blanket. No sooner had I sat down and pulled out my knitting did I notice the ants. These weren't your average ants either, we are taking huge ants with no fear of humans. At first, I tried to act cool. Ha. Two minutes later I was jumping around like a fool trying to get the ants off of me and my stuff. I then promptly headed over to the nearest coffee shop to continue my afternoon inside, away from the (killer) ants.


I also stopped by the craft store this morning to pick up more wool for felting. I did more of the design on my dala horse but can't decide if I like it. I should work on the design a bit, I think it looks a wee bit sloppy. I'm also not sold on my color choice. No matter, I have plenty of wool to experiment some more!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! It is so cute, you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! It always takes a little while to pair a new craft with your own style sense. Keep it up!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete